Fear. We normally associate this word negatively, horror films, paranormal activity, danger, exposure and threatening situations. Have you ever considered fear to be a positive emotion?
1. Have you ever watched a horror movie and left the cinema feeling a little smug that you are actually alive and about to head home to the safety of your duvet and a locked door? That is called Catharsis – “the purification & purgation of emotions (especially pity & fear), resulting in renewal and restoration”
2. Fear is a signal that you are learning unfamiliar experiences and heading off into the unknown – if you think you are doing something new yet have no fear it actually means that theses experiences aren’t new at all!
3. Fear lets you know how important things actually are to you. All the things closest to our hearts, we fear for the most.
4. Fear reminds you of your own capabilities
5. Fear heightens our senses, releases adrenaline and most of all it makes you feel alive
6. Changes within yourself can begin when you feel uncomfortable
7. Fear not only strengthens your mind, but it also makes you resilient and ready to take on the world!
8. When you overcome one small fear, it gives you the courage to take on the next. Fear fuels the productivity of life’s challenges!
9. Fear is a reminder of our strength, who we are and what we want to become.
No matter how big or small, do one thing that scares you everyday.
Book that flight, travel the world, experience what the world has to offer – I promise that you won’t regret it.
Photo Credit to our Travel Ambassadors: Journeys With Jessica & Kate Victoria Photography
Our Third Travel Ambassador: Liz from The Tongue In Chic