It’s not surprising that Colombia has become a fast growing tourist destination as it has everything on offer: beautiful beaches, metropolitan cities, mountain ranges, deserts, Amazon rainforests, hundreds of rare species of birds and animals and much more.
CURRENCY: COLOMBIAN PESOS
POPULATION: 48 MILLION
1. Take a trip to the top of Monserrate (a cathedral on the top of one of Bogota’s mountains) and take in a marvellous view of the whole city from 3,500m.
2. Explore the Amazon rainforest- trek through the jungle, spotting endangered animals and take a trip down river to spot alligators and pink dolphins.
3. Try some of Colombia’s delicious food – arepas, aijaco, fresh fruits, juices, meats, empanadas and many more.
4. Spend an evening partying like a Colombian, salsa dancing and drinking aguardiente.
5. Visit the white sand and crystal clear waters of one of Colombia’s many Caribbean islands – Rosario Islands, San Andrés or Providencia.
6. Spend a day exploring Barichara – a colonial town with white buildings and cobbled streets.
7. Experience one of Colombia’s many festivals – Feria de Cali, Carnaval de Blancosy Negros in Pasto (January), Carnaval de Barranquilla (February), Fiestas del mar – Santa Marta (July) and Feria de las Flores – Medellin (August)
8. Take a photograph at the top of the Piedra del Penol in Guatapé (a rock in a colourful town near Medellin); the view is one of the best in the world.
9. Marvel at Cartagena’s magical, colonial, colourful buildings and discover Colombia’s Caribbean history.
10. Learn how to salsa dance like a professional in Colombia’s dancing capital Cali.
Download this guide here: travel_itinerary_colombia
You can save this to your phone or tablet for further inspiration for the trip to Colombia or use it to start your plans to the beautiful country! Please feel free to share the guide and link back to TransferTravel.com
By Anny, Travel Destination Writer for TransferTravel.com.
You can check out her other guides here: