Rome is Italy’s cosmopolitan capital city and it’s full of world renowned architecture, art and culture. It’s also home to the Colosseum and other ancient ruins, as well as the famous Vatican city.
CLIMATE: MEDITERRANEAN – DRY SUMMERS, MILD WINTERS
POPULATION: 2.8 MILLION (2016)
CAPITAL OF ITALY
TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
1. Throw a coin and make a wish in the Trevi Fountain.
2. Explore the famous Colosseum, built by the Emperors between 72 and 80AD.
3. Uncover the Roman Forum- explore the temples, buildings and famous statues.
4. Climb up and explore the views of the city from Palatine Hill.
5. Eat Italy’s famous gelato from Wonderful Ice Cream. Discover the delicious flavours and enjoy some of the best ice ream in the world.
6. Walk around the Piazza Navona and marvel at the Baroque architecture.
7. Climb the famous Spanish steps and take a seat to soak up the atmosphere.
8. Take a bottle of wine to the top of Gianicolo Hill in the evening and take in the views.
9. Spend a morning discovering the Vatican City- the headquarters of the Catholic Church.
10. Step inside the Pantheon and be amazed by the beautiful architecture