Lonely planet says that Goa is Sun, Sand and Spices and we agree but it is also so much more than that. We highlight the top 10 things to do there! Head to Goa yourself! someone is selling a flight ticket from London in #thetravelmarketplace right now here!
Goa is a state in the South Of India, that has a long history as a Portegeous colony that is apparent in it’s17th century architecture and many spice plantations. With gorgeous beaches, parties and plenty of opportunity to find yoga or meditation class Goa is a world class destination.
1. Visit one of the 7000 bars and spend a night out, having dinner at one of the beautiful beach front bars and dancing on the beach.
2. Spend time on beautiful sandy, tropical beaches. Don’t miss Palolem the picture perfect sandy beach with palms. From there take a cooking class, a yoga class or take a hike into a waterfall.
3. Visit a spice farm and see all that this wonderful region of India has to offer in this sensory experience where you can smell, taste and feel India.
4. Spend time in historic Goa visiting temples and historic architecture inspired by Portugal’s colony in the 17th century.
5. Spend time at Anjuna Market inland from the beach to find a beautiful goods that have come from all over India. Grab a chai from a stall every few meters and have dinner at an authentic cafe.
6. Go surfing in the Arabian Sea! Rent a board or take lesson and get out in the Sea!
7. Take a day cruise on the water!
8. Visit Dudhsagar Falls. A beautiful four tired waterfall. Dudhsagar is amongst India’s tallest waterfalls with a height of 1017 feet. A bit of a hike through the lush jungle, a train ride or a taxi ride will get you to the gorgeous falls.
9. Take a yoga class!
10. Take a tour to see Dolphins in the wild. Dolphin tour lets you witness beautiful dolphins taking dives into the deep blue waters and making a wonderful spectacle.
Check out this awesome couples VLOG of Goa! Check out their channel here!
Fancy heading to Goa yourself? We have a flight being sold in The Travel Marketplace right now for £850 return leaving December 24th and Returning Jan. 8th. Check it out here! Contact the seller directly to a make name change arrangement and safe and secure payments.