Barcelona is a Spanish city steeped in history, culture, beautiful architecture and delicious food. The city has many attractions to draw visitors and allow them to discover the best the city has to offer.
AUTUMN - AVERAGE TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 14c AND 25c
WINTER - AVERAGE TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 8c AND 15c
SPRING - AVERAGE TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 10c AND 17c
SUMMER - AVERAGE TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 22c AND 30c
POPULATION: 1.6 MILLION (2015)
LANGUAGE: CATALAN AND SPANISH
1.Visit Barcelona’s unique beach, which is wonderful for an afternoon or day of relaxing by the ocean.
2. Take a walk around La Boqueria, a big market filled with a variety of stalls, selling a range of products as well as delicious foods stalls. A perfect setting for a fresh lunch.
3. Have a coffee or sit in a cafe in one of the Gracia neighbourhood’s 15 plaza squares. Enjoy delicious food or drink, while watching the people go past the beautiful architecture.
4. Hire a bike and ride around the city, taking in the beautiful sights, including the famous still under construction Roman Catholic Sagrada Familia, which began construction in 1882.
5. Admire and take in the magic of the cities magic fountain of Montjuic. Where the water flows and the fountains showcases a music, water and light show.
6. Spend an afternoon walking around Park Güell, a park which opened in 1926, admire the colonial architectural views of the cities and surrounding areas.
7. Walk around the cites gothic centre and witness the perfectly preserved architecture.
8. Take in the spectacular views of the city from the 1448 Barcelona Cathedral (Cathedral of the Holy Cross and Saint Eulalia), admire the views of the entire city.
9. Admire the view from the Alcaide viewpoint in Montjuic, over the seafront, El Port Vell, El Moll de la Fusta, Maremagnum and twin towers.
10. Visit the cities Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona museum, which focuses on art, culture and society.
1. Paella - Paella is a rice dish, made with white rice, greens beans, seafood and vegetables originating from the Valencia region of Spain. ArtEspanol is a traditional, fashionable paella and tapas restaurant with two restaurants located within the city, which serve one of the best paella’s in the city.
2. Fideua - Fideua is a dish similar to paella, but made using noodles instead of rice. Barceloneta is a restaurant located in the cities port boosting spectacular views and amazing Mediterranean cuisine.
3. Albonodigas con Sepia - Albonodigas con Sepia is a meatball dish, sometimes made with pork or beef and a type of fish all mixed in a tomato sauce. Pockets BCN is a traditional restaurant with a cosmopolitan feeling, with a variety of meats and produce.
2. American Airlines - Miami, New York, Charlotte, Chicago and Philadelphia
3. EasyJet - Berlin, Bordeaux, Bristol, Geneva, Liverpool, London, Lyon, Milan, Naples, Newcastle, Nice, Paris and Belfast.
4. LATAM - Sao Paulo and Lima