Berlin is Germany’s dynamic capital city and is filled with history, culture and art. Berlin has been associated with some of the most pivotal events in recent history- no other city has had such an impact on modern world history.
CLIMATE: OCEANIC - COOL SUMMER AND COLD WINTERS
CAPITAL OF GERMANY
POPULATION: 3.7 MILLION (2015)
TOP 10 THINGS TO DO IN BERLIN
1. Visit the Berlin Wall memorial on Bernauer Strasse, and imagine what it was like to live in the atmosphere of Cold War Berlin.
2. Take a walk around the East Side Gallery
- a 1.3km section of Berlin Wall in Mühlenstrasse - and see over 100 thought-provoking paintings depicting the Cold War in the world’s largest open air gallery.
3. Spend an evening visiting the Brandenburg bridge when it’s illuminated with beautiful lights.
4. Take a trip up to the observation deck at the Fernsehturm
and you'll be greeted by a 360 degree view of the whole city. Enjoy dinner at the rotating Sphere restaurant at the top.
5. Discover some of Berlin’s amazing museums: Museums Island, Altes Museum (Greek and Roman), Neves Museum (Egyptian Artefacts), Bode - Museum (Byzantine Art), Pergamon Museum (Roman, Greek and Islamic Art), Alte Nationalgalerie (Romantic, Impressionist and Modern Art).
6. Walk up the 267 step of the Berliner Dom Cathedral to the Dome viewing gallery and discover the city's amazing skyline.
7. Visit Berlin’s famous Christmas Market and stroll around over 60 different markets located all around the city (end of November to 31st December).
8. Cruise down the river Spree whilst admiring the city and the amazing sights of the Oberbaumbruecke, Tiergarten, the Reichstag building, Hauptbahnhof, Bundeskanzleramt and the Mühlendammschleuse.
9. Pay your respects to the Murdered Jews of Europe at the Holocaust Memorial which has over 2,700 concrete slabs laid out in a grid style.
10. Explore the Unter Den Linden boulevard
which stretches from Berliner Dom to the Brandenburg Gate.
Download the guide here: travel_itineraries_berlin
By Anny from AnnysAdventures.com