SPRING - AVERAGE TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 10c AND 20c
SUMMER - AVERAGE TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 26cAND 30c
AUTUMN - AVERAGE TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 12c AND 23c
WINTER - AVERAGE TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 5c AND 10c
CURRENCY: KUNA (HRK)
POPULATION: 4.1 MILLION (2016)
TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
1. Spend a week or a day sailing or renting a boat and discovering the countries islands and beautiful beaches.
2. Visit one of Croatia’s 8 National Parks and go hiking, follow the trails, discover the waterfalls and vast lakes.
3. Explore and walk around Croatia’s UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Old City of Dubrovnik.
4. Take a trip to Zadar and take in the views from the promenade and the Roman forum.
5. Discover Croatia’s capital city, Zagred, and explore the fashion boutiques, museums, galleries and unique restaurants.
6. Visit Croatia’s most picturesque and best beach, Zlatni Rat beach, a white sandy half a kilometre beach with beautiful turquoise waters.
7. Drink wine in Peljesac peninsula, Croatia’s up and coming tourist destination, famous for it’s wineries. It’s most famous winery is the Korta Katarina Winery in Orebic.
8. Hire a car and take a road trip around the country, taking in the beautiful sites, mountains, villages and unique places.
9. Try your hand at an adventure sport, such as hiking, rock climbing, water sports, while taking in the wildlife.
10. Experience one of Croatia’s famous festivals, the most famous being music festivals Outlook and Hideout. Along with the countries 21 other music festivals, food and wine festivals, art, culture, film, music and sport.
DELICACIES IN CROATIA
1. Brudet - Brudet, (brooded or brooded) is a fish based stew made with a variety of fish and is served with Polenta, a cornflour made from different grains. A great place to sample this dish is at the unique and fashionable Pet Bunara in Zadar. http://petbunara.com/o-nama/
2. Pasticada - Pasticada is a traditional Croatian beef stew, carefully prepared in a traditional style. Containing beef stuffed with garlic, carrots, bacon all mixed together and left overnight. Then added to a mixture of bacon, onions, parsely, nutmeg, prunes and tomato, which is left for a further 5 hours. Nishta Restaurant is a traditional Croatian restaurant with two branches located in Dubrovnik and Zagreb.
3. Sarajevski Cevapi - Sarajevski Cevapi is a grilled mince meat dish made from skinless sausage. Knob Lucac in Split is a fashionable stylish restaurant which serves traditional dishes as well as Sarajevski Cevapi.
ACCOMODATION IN CROATIA
1. Chillout Hostel Zagred, Hostel
2. Hotel Dubrovnik Palace, Dubrovnik, 5 star hotel
3. Falkensteiner Hotel and Spa, Resort and Spa
AIRLINES THAT FLY TO CROATIA
1. Dubrovnik - Easyjet (Amsterdam, Belfast, Berlin, Bristol, Edinburgh, London, Lyon, Manchester, Milan, Naples, Paris and Toulouse), British Airways (London) and Lufthansa (Frankfurt and Munich).
2. Zagreb - Qatar (Doha), KLM (Amsterdam) and Croatia Airlines (Amsterdam, Barcelona, Brussels, Copenhagen, Dubrovnik, Frankfurt, Lisbon, London, Munich, Paris, Pula, Rome, Split, Vienna, Zadar and Zurich)
3. Split - Easyjet (Amsterdam, Belfast, Berlin, Bristol, Glasgow, Hamburg, London, Lyon, Manchester, Milan, Naples, Newcastle and Paris), Iberia (Madrid) and Aer Lingus (Dublin).