Cuba is a Caribbean island filled with culture, white sandy beaches, pastel houses, 1950s cars and Spanish colonial architecture. Salsa music, cabaret shows and rum underline the country’s culture. Cuba is a country filled with magic.
CURRENCY: CONVERTIBLE PESO (CUC), CUBAN PESO (CUP) AND US DOLLAR
POPULATION: 11 MILLION (2015)
1. Sample some of Cuba’s famous seafood at Ranchon Playa Sirena beach bar.
2. Take a boat trip to Cayo Largo or Isla de la Juventud and experience what Cuba’s islands have to offer.
3. Visit Museo de la Lucha Clandestina in Santiago and learn about Cuba’s struggle against Batista in the 1950s or spend time visiting one of Cuba’s many other museums - The Museum of the Revolution, La Cabana, Museo Nacional de Bellas or Artes de La Habana.
4. Spend an evening listening to Cuba’s famous jazz at Iris Jazz Club, La Zorra or El Cuervo.
5. Relax on one of Cuba’s beautiful beaches, some of the best beaches are Playa Sirena a 2km white sand beach, Playa Maguana or Cayo Jutias.
6. Party on Havana’s 5 mile ocean front strip of clubs and restaurants, called The Malecón and experience the live music as well as Cuban rum.
7. Walk around Plaza Vieja and experience Cuba’s culture, from outdoor cafes to art galleries- Havana’s “Old Plaza” will immerse you in culture.
8. Take a 2 or 3 day hike to the top of Cuba’s highest mountain - Pico Turquino, (1,974m)- a 17 km trek through the forest of Sierra Maestra.
9. Visit Cuba’s most luxurious town - Varadero. Take a walk around or relax on the 3,000 miles of coastline.
10. Take a trip back in time and take a drive around the city in a 1950s open top car.
Download the guide [here - cuba_itinerary]