Greece is a made up of over 1,200 islands, with beautiful towns, historic ruins, picturesque beaches and hidden gem spots. Greece is a perfect summer holiday location, with the longest coastline in the Mediterranean. The countries hot climate, culture and delicious food make it the perfect holiday destination.
AUTUMN - AVERAGE TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 16c AND 28c
WINTER - AVERAGE TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 7c AND 16c
SPRING - AVERAGE TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 16c AND 26c
SUMMER - AVERAGE TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 24c AND 32c
POPULATION: 10.9 MILLION (2015)
TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
1. Spend time visiting the picturesque island of Santorini and watch the sunset over the blue and white symbolic buildings.
2. Take in the breathtaking crystal clear water and white sandy beach at Shipwreck Cove in Zakynthos.
3. Sail or rent a boat and explore all around the Greek islands, discovering beautiful coves and untouched locations.
4. Spend a day walking around the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the medieval Old Town of Rhodes and take in the beautiful buildings and culture.
5. Watch a sunset in a port or looking over the ocean and experience the sunset over the vast ocean in front of your eyes.
6. Spend an afternoon relaxing on a beach with a cocktail.
7. Take a stroll around Mykonos town and experience the whitewashed houses, with blue doors, surrounded by chic shops and bars.
8. Discover the excitement of Athens Monastiraki flea market and grab some bargain souvenirs.
9. Climb to the top of Athens Mount Lycabettus a 300 metre mountain, which overlooks ancient ruins and stunning panoramic views of the city.
10. Have fun trying the wide variety of water sports the country has to offer.
Delicacies in Greece
1. Gyros - Gyros is made with either chicken or beef, which is wrapped in a pita and sometimes contains sauces and salad. Gyros is a Greek fast food dish, which is available in pretty much every town.
2. Moussaka - Moussaka is a traditional Greek dish, which is either an eggplant or potato based dish, including layers of ground meat and vegetables, varying from region to region. A great place to sample Moussaka is Bakalo
, a traditional Greek restaurant located on Mykonos Island, which serves delicious Greek delicacies.
3. Chicken Souvlaki - Chicken Souvlaki is a chicken based dish, similar to a traditional kebab. The chicken is presented on a stick and often served with Tzatziki (a traditional Greek sauce, with cucumber and cream). A great place to sample this delicacy on Santorini Island is at the Naoussa
restaurant with a great atmosphere.
Accommodation in Greece
1. Mykonos Princess Hotel
, Luxury 5 star hotel
2. Pegasus Suites and Spa
, Spa Resort
3. Athens Backpackers, hostel
Airlines that fly to Greece
1. Athens - RyanAir (Berlin, Budapest, Frankfurt, London, Malta, Rhodes, Rome, Santorini, Sofia, Warsaw, Thessaloniki), Delta (New York) and Emirates (Dubai).
2. Santorini - EasyJet (London, Manchester, Milan and Venice), Iberia (Madrid) and Norwegian Air Shuttle (Copenhagen, Helsinki, London, Oslo and Stockholm).
3. Mykonos - British Airways (London), EasyJet (London, Lyon, Manchester, Milan, Naples, Nice, Paris and Venice) and Alitalia (Milan and Rome).