Have you bought a vacation package that you can’t use anymore due to last minute changes to your travel plans? Maybe someone close to you has fallen ill or you can’t get the time off work. No matter what the reason, it’s always disappointing when you have to abandon a pre-booked trip away, particularly if you can’t get a refund when you cancel the reservation.
If you are stuck with a non-refundable holiday, you have the chance to sell it to someone else who is looking for a deal. TransferTravel.com connects sellers like you to buyers in a secure and trustworthy marketplace.
Can I Sell My Package Holiday?
This will depend on who you have booked with as each company will have their own policy. The biggest hurdle is whether or not your travel provider will allow a name change. We recommend checking their specific terms and conditions to clarify. However, around 80% of travel providers will allow you a change of name on the booking for a fee, which means you can sell it on TransferTravel.com. Check out our blog post outlining the full cancellation policies for the biggest companies offering vacation packages: TUI, Thomas Cook, Jet2 Holidays, easyJet Holidays, First Choice and American Airlines. In brief, these are the kinds of fees and timescales you could be faced with:
- TUI Name Change Policy
The Tui name change fee is £50 per person regardless of the time frame. If you need to make other changes, like date or time, it is £50 per person 29 days or more before departure, after which you lost between 90-100% of what you paid.
- Thomas Cook Name Change Policy
Booking changes with Thomas Cook also cost £50 per person.
- Jet2 Holidays Name Change Policy
If you change the name 57+ days before departure, it costs £40; if it's between 56 and 15 days before departure, it costs £50; and 14 days or less is £150.
- EasyJet Holidays Name Change Policy
Easyjet name changes work slightly differently because they factor in the "cost incurred by change". What this cost is, though, is never defined until you come to make the change. In addition to this unknown amount, it costs £40 if it's 15 days or more before the departure date; £50 between 14 days to 48 hours before; and £80 if it's 48 hours or less before departure.
- American Airlines Name Change Policy
American Airlines Holidays don't allow you to make a change if you paid a Basic Economy price. For all other fares, if it's more than 15 days before departure, it will cost you $200 to change the name. If you have PDP, this makes a big difference in these fees, which you can read about on our name change policy page.
Bear in mind that if you booked through travel aggregators, their policies are usually that you have to contact the hotel company and airline your travel plans are booked with for their individual policy; Expedia, Booking.com, Latedeals.com and Kayak are all travel aggregators who don't have one overarching cancellation or name change policy for their vacation packages.
If you are only selling one part of your travel package, then you should contact the company you bought it from to see if it is possible to separate the flights and accommodation. Please bear in mind that this may not be an option as there are often airport transfers and other extras included as part of the package deal only.
The Legal Part
You may be wondering if the company you booked with is required to allow you to transfer your package holiday. As of 1 July 2018, the law on package holidays has changed, which you can read about in full in The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 document. However, this is the section that will apply to you if you want to sell your package holiday:
Transfer of the package travel contract to another traveller
9.—(1) A traveller (“the transferor”) may transfer the package travel contract once it is concluded to a person (“the transferee”) who satisfies all the conditions applicable to that contract.
(2) The transferor must give the organiser, on a durable medium, reasonable notice of the transfer and, for those purposes, notice which is given 7 days or more before the day on which the package starts is always deemed to be reasonable.
(3) The organiser must inform the transferor about the additional fees, charges or other costs arising from the transfer of the package travel contract (“the transfer costs”) and must provide proof of those costs.
(4) The transfer costs—
(a)must not be unreasonable; and
(b)must not exceed the cost incurred by the organiser as a result of the transfer.
(5) The transferor and the transferee are jointly and severally liable for the transfer costs.
(6) The provisions of paragraphs (3) and (4) are implied as a term in every package travel contract.
So what does this mean for you? If you have to cancel your package holiday, you have to let the company know over a week before the departure date - this is considered "reasonable notice". It also means that not only do they have to be transparent about how much that will cost you, they also can't charge you an extortionate amount of money to do so. This is great news, as it means that UK travel companies have to give you the option to transfer or sell your holiday to someone else, even if your booking is non-refundable.
How Do I Sell My Vacation Package?
If you can make a name change on your booking, then you can easily make a listing on TransferTravel.com. Creating a new listing is simple and easy and only takes four steps and a few minutes.
- Create an account. You can log in using your Google, Facebook or Twitter accounts if you want, or just use your email address. Don't worry, this doesn't let us post anything on your page.
- Click "sell" on the top right-hand corner of the website when you are on the homepage. From there we ask for all the details from your travel plans. You should include things like title, description, location, dates and all other relevant information. We also ask for your booking reference number, which is only for our records and will not be shared on your public listing. You can find more advice in our quick guide to selling.
- As soon as you sell your booking, you will be connected by the buyer via a private message from within our platform where you can get their details and make the name change. Once you have the correct information you can contact your travel provider directly to make the changes.
- After you have made the name change, you must upload the new documents within 72 hours so the buyer can download them. You don’t need to worry about fees if your listing is not purchased, as the site will only charge a 15% fee after your holiday is sold and the transfer process is complete.