At TransferTravel.com, it is of the utmost importance to us that you feel secure at every step of the way. There’s nothing worse than buying a ticket from someone online and then finding out it’s not legitimate or that they’re trying to get more money from you. In fact, that’s one of the reasons TransferTravel.com was founded.
Before we existed, people would have to post on websites like Craigslist or Facebook to sell unwanted flights, hotel rooms, vacations and every other kind of travel plan you could think of. It’s difficult for people to find anyone to buy your vacation, and if you do, how do you know if you can trust them? So many people think they’ve sold their tickets through these websites only for it to turn out be a scam or for the buyer to disappear without a trace. Or if you’re the buyer, then you end up with illegitimate tickets and out of pocket.
We promise three things to you:
- Money back guarantee
- Legitimacy checks
1. Money back guarantee
In the unlikely event that something goes wrong during the transfer process, you will get your money back. We’ve prepared for all potential problems, even if they haven’t happened before. For example, the transaction involves the seller having a 72-hour period in which they need to make the relevant changes to the booking and upload it for you, the buyer. If they don’t, your money is automatically refunded. In fact, the seller doesn’t receive a penny of your money until you are completely satisfied with the transfer to ensure that they aren’t trying to scam you or commit fraud.
On the other side of this, the seller can also be reassured that, as we are holding the money, the buyer isn’t able to run off and use their ticket without paying them. Also, if you don’t happen to sell your listing, we don’t charge you anything; no sale means no fee. Only once everything is completed do we take a 15% commission fee. Our peer-to-peer platform engenders a trustful and trustworthy community, so our payment platform reinforces this and reduces risks for both parties.
2. Legitimacy checks
Our dedicated customer service team check the legitimacy of the travel plans that are listed as in-depth as humanly possible. That means that if there are any immediate issues, we catch them before they’re even listed in the marketplace. And for those times when it isn’t humanly possible to detect anything wrong, the rest of our protection will safeguard you from any problems.
Both our buyers and sellers are responsible for part of the transaction, which means that if one side doesn’t fulfil their obligations, then the transfer is cancelled. This is to ensure that if there is something not quite right going on, it is stopped as soon as possible. When you’re creating a new listing on the site, make sure all your information is correct. Sellers are also responsible for uploading the changed documents with the correct details within the 72-hour period, and buyers are responsible for downloading it. Sometimes, people are just forgetful and don’t remember to upload or download in time, but we would rather be safe than sorry. If you are a buyer and seller, make sure to check your emails or your TransferTravel account regularly in case you have to take any actions. You don’t want to let the other person down!
Don’t just take our word for it
In October 2018, we were awarded the TrustSeal by Sharing Economy UK. This is a prestigious and sought-after kitemark showing that we are one of ten businesses in the UK who practice within the sharing economy ethically, securely and with your best interests at heart. To earn the TrustSeal, businesses have to adhere to their six principles:
- Identity and Credential Verification
- Transparent Communications and Pricing
- Participant Help and Support
- Security and Data Protection
- Insurance and Guarantees
- Peer Review
This means that when you come to TransferTravel.com, you can feel safe in the knowledge that everything is to the highest standard in the industry. We promise that:
- The identity of the buyers and sellers are verified, as well as all the documents they upload. Legitimacy and honesty are what makes a peer-to-peer marketplace function at its best.
- What you see is what you pay. When you buy a vacation from a seller on TransferTravel.com, the price you agree on is the final price, and it includes everything they say in the description. No extra costs or fees from us.
- Our customer service team are quick to respond and happy to help. You can get in touch with them through five channels: the live chat in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen, drop us a message on Facebook, DM us on Twitter, send us an email, or get in touch by phone — whichever method suits you, we can offer support, guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have.
- The payment system is highly secure so you know that your personal bank details aren’t being shared with strangers or any third parties online. Should something go wrong or if someone changes their mind, then both you and the other person in the transfer are protected and you won’t lose your money or tickets.
We know that peer-to-peer marketplaces can make some people wary. It feels like there’s a difference between buying from a business and buying from another person. However, the marketplace has been around longer than the big companies have, so all that’s changed is that TransferTravel.com is an online space. People can benefit from and help each other rather than giving more money to large corporations.
Trust, transparency and reliability are at the centre of everything we do and we want to spread those values amongst our travel community.
If you have any questions, you can always send the TransferTravel.com customer service team a message who are happy to lend a hand!