London is England’s bustling capital city, full of landmark buildings and British culture. The city has a lot to offer, historic buildings, great shopping, West End shows, theme parks and much more, located within a traditional culture filled city.
SPRING – AVERAGE TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 6c AND 11c
SUMMER – AVERAGE TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 12c AND 22c
AUTUMN – AVERAGE TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 8c AND 16c
WINTER – AVERAGE TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 2c AND 8c
POPULATION: 8.7 MILLION (2016)
CAPITAL: OF ENGLAND
TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
1. Visit the Queen’s most famous residence, Buckingham Palace and watch the famous changing of the guard.
2. Spend an evening watching a musical in the West End, take in the experience and magic of watching one of the many shows in London’s West End.
3. Experience one of the UK’s most long running and historical Carnivals, Nottingham Carnival, held every year in August.
4. Bargain and Barter with market sellers, for souvenirs, food and trinkets at Camden Market.
5. Visit the Harry Potter Studios, discover the sets and props from the movie, while being transported to Hogwarts.
6. Experience the craziness of the bright lights and billboards in Piccadilly Circus.
7. Make use of the cheap bike rental and cycle around the city, taking in the sights, while experiencing unique undiscovered off the beaten path destinations.
8. Watch the sunset with a glass of wine or beer at Primrose Park in Regent’s Park.
9. Take a photograph in front of the world famous Big Ben landmark and the House’s of Parliament.
10. Go shopping and experience the enormity of Harrods department store.
Delicacies in London
1. Afternoon Tea, is a traditional British event, with small sandwiches, pastries, cakes and champagne. A great place to visit for afternoon tea is the Aqua Shard, which boasts beautiful views over the city.
2. A Sunday Roast is a traditional Sunday lunchtime meal, with a choice of meat, potatoes, vegetables, gravy, Yorkshire puddings, and other traditional ingredients. The Orange is a unique and delightful cosy venue for a Sunday Roast.
3. Full English Breakfast is a traditional English breakfast, containing beans, sausages, tomatoes, eggs, bacon, toast and black pudding. Hawksmoor Guildhall aims to provide the ‘best full English in London’, offering a variety of ingredients to choose from in a quiet environment.
Accommodation in London
3. Wombat’s City Hostel London – Hostel
Airlines that fly to London
1. London, Heathrow – American Airlines (Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia) – Virgin Atlantic (Atlanta, Boston, Dubai, Hong Kong, Johannesburg, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Newark, Seattle, Shanghai and Washington) – Avianca (Bogota)
2. London Gatwick – Virgin Atlantic (Barbados, Cancun, Havana, Las Vegas, Montego Bay, Orlando, Saint Lucia, Antigua and Tobago) – British Airways (Amsterdam, Antigua, Barbados, Bordeaux, Cancun, Dubrovnik, Edinburg, Fort Lauderdale, Glasgow, Jersey, Mauritius, Naples, New York, Nice, Orlando, St Lucia, Seville, Tampa, Turin and more) – Emirates (Dubai)