Madrid is Spain’s beautiful capital city that combines modern cosmopolitain and history, through art, architecture and culture. Madrid is a city full of life day and night.
CLIMATE: MEDITERRANEAN - DRY SUMMERS, MILD WINTERS
POPULATION: 3.2 MILLION (2015)
MADRID CAPITAL OF SPAIN
TOP 10 THINGS TO DO IN MADRID
1. Have a glass of wine and some tapas in Plaza Mayor, while watching the world go by.
2. Visit the Mercado de San Miguel and sample some local produce and specialties.
3. Take a break at the rooftop bar of Circulo de Bella Artez and admire the view of the city whilst relaxing with a few drinks.
4. Have a picnic in Retiro Park (Parque del Retiro), a 350 acre park, and explore the lake by taking to the water in a paddle boat.
5. Visit one of Madrid’s famous museums which include Museo Reina Sofia (Art) and the world’s largest art gallery - Prado Museum (Museo Nacional del Prado).
6. Hire a bike and take a ride down Rio’s Riverside Walk- one of the best ways to explore the city's numerous beautiful parks and bridges.
7. Visit the Plaza de Cibeles, Cibeles Fountain and the Palacio de Cibeles. Don't forget to stop and have sunset drinks at the top floor for the best views of the sunset in the city.
8. Stop for hot chocolate and churros at San Gines Chocolateria.
9. Explore and spend time shopping in Europe’s biggest department store: El Corte Ingles. Take a break from shopping and have lunch with a view at the top of the store.
10. Sample Bocadillos de Calamares (fried squid in a baguette) at El Brilliant or in the Plaza Mayor.
By Anny from AnnysAdventures.com
Download the Guide here [madrid_itinerary