The Philippines is a collection of over 7,640 islands which cover an area of around 300,000 kilometres squared (115,831 miles squared), this unique collection of islands is home to some of the world’s best beaches and water activities.
SPRING – AVERAGE TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 21c AND 33c
SUMMER – AVERAGE TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 22c AND 31c
AUTUMN – AVERAGE TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 23c AND 31c
WINTER – AVERAGE TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 31c AND 31c
CURRENCY: PESO (FILIPINO)
POPULATION: 100 MILLION (2015)
TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
1. Visit the underground river known as the Puerto Princess, one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature.
2. Go diving amongst sunken World War II ships in Coron and see the marine life which now call the ship home.
3. Spend a day relaxing at El Nido beach, named one of the world’s best beaches by CNN, find a private spot among the uninhabited islands or take a sailing trip around the islands.
4. Try kiteboarding or windsurfing for the first time or show off your skills at Bulabog Beach.
5. Be brave and experience the once in a lifetime experience of swimming with whale sharks in Oslob.
6. Spend the morning discovering Oslob’s breathtaking Tumalog waterfall.
7. Spend a day exploring the Banaue Rice Terraces – over 2,000 terraces carved into the mountains by indigenous communities. The lush greens and cool climate is perfect for growing rice.
8. Watch the sunrise or sunset close to the perfectly shaped volcano Bicol, this active volcano is over 2,460 meters tall.
9. Experience the Philippines world class surfing at La Union, Baler, Pagudpud and Siargae.
10. Take a 7 kilometre trek up Mt Pinatubo and experience the incredible views from the top.
Delicacies in Philippines
1. Ensaymada – This breakfast pastry is a local delicacy made from Filipino pastry, brioche baked with butter and topped with grated cheese and sugar. Ensaymada can be found at Antonio’s restaurant in Cavite
2. Lechon Kawali – Lechon is crispy deep fried pork belly seasoned and accompanied with sauce. This delicacy is known as the Philippines National dish and can be found at Crisostomo’s restaurant in various locations around the country
3. Balut – This common Filipino street food is a developing bird embryo (duck or chicken) which is boiled plus seasoned and eaten straight from the shell. This unique delicacy can be found in Manam Comfort Filipino which is a chain restaurant with four restaurants around the country.
Accommodation in Philippines
Airlines that fly to the Philippines
1. Quantas (Sydney)
2. KLM (Amsterdam)
3. Philippine Airlines (Abu Daubi, Auckland, Bangkok, Beijing, Brisbane, Cairns, Doha, Dubai, Hong Kong, Honolulu, London, Los Angeles, New York, Tokyo, San Francisico, Vancouver and Toronto)