Sydney a city in New South Wales Australia famous for it’s city life, picturesque beaches, beautiful harbour views, parks and home to one of the best New Years Eve fireworks displays. Discover why Sydney is one of the best cities in the world.
CLIMATE: HUMID SUBTROPICAL CLIMATE, WITH AN AVERAGE SUMMER TEMPERATURE OF 26c AND AN AVERAGE WINTER TEMPERATURE OF 8c
CURRENCY: AUSTRALIAN DOLLAR
POPULATION: 4.9 MILLION (2015)
CAPITOL: CAPITOL OF NEW SOUTH WHALES
1. Take a boat trip around Sydney Harbour, discover the hidden treasures and sights of the harbour.
2. Climb and take a photo from the middle of the Sydney Harbour bridge, taking in the whole view of the city from above while discovering the fascinating bridge and how it was made.
3. Eat dinner or have drinks and watch the sunset at one of the many harbour front restaurants and bars surrounding Darling Harbour.
4. Spend New Years Eve watching the fireworks going off from all over the city and celebrate the start of the new year with over 2 million people (31st December).
5. Spend a day or two at one of Sydney’s surrounding beaches, the two most famous being Manly and Bondi. If your feeling brave you could even try surfing on Bondi beach.
6. Eat a fish a chip lunch or dinner at Watson Bay and walk up to Gap Park and admire Sydney’s skyline.
7. Visit Sydney’s famous Harbour bridge and find some great souvenirs from the indigenous stalls in the Rock’s.
8. Watch a Rugby or cricket game and experience the locals passion for sports.
9. Go swimming in Bondi beaches picturesque ocean front swimming pool and enjoy Bondi’s cute town feel by having lunch in one of it’s many beach front restaurants.
10. Take a trip outside of Sydney and visit the beautiful Blue Mountains National Park.
By Anny from AnnysAdventure.com