Top 5 Ski & Snowboard Festivals
If you love the feel of winding down the slopes and feeling the crisp air on your cheeks you have to check out this 7 night package holiday in Val D'isere France from 25 Mar - 01 Apr leaving from Manchester.
is a street party style festival located at the beautiful Sun Peaks resort in Canada. This festival takes place between the 6th and 10th of April 2017. Snowbombing has 11 music venues in a variety of places around the resort including in bars, on the mountain side and in the streets. Sun Peaks is home to over 4,270 acres of ski and snowboard areas which includes 135 trails and 12 lifts. 2017’s line up includes Ludacris. Kashered, Oliver Helens, Netsky and Duke Dumont. Tickets start at around $199.
The Ski Week
2. THE SKI WEEK, ASPEN, COLORADO, USA
is a boutique festival brand which holds events all over the world and their next event is located in the world famous Aspen resort in the USA, between the 2nd and 9th of April 2017. The festival includes activities such as pond skimming, touch light skiing, apres, bowl hiking and yoga. The Ski Week employs their own DJs and sets up venues all over the mountain and in the surrounding town. Aspen is one of the most well-maintained resorts in the world with over 329 trails and 43 lifts. Tickets start at $750.
The Horizon Festival
is a huge mountainside music festival with over 120 DJs and 30 different parties in 12 venues. Horizon takes over the resort of Arinsal for a week between the 26th and 2nd of April 2017 and offers a range of activities such as paint balling, forest parties, club venues and a mountain top stage. Arinsal is a 2,500m high resort in Andorra, with 63km of ski area, 42 trails and 30 lifts. 2017’s line up includes Floating Points, Motor City Drum Ensemble, Ben UFO, Oneman and Kink. Tickets start at around $150.
is an electronic music festival located in the quaint town of Crans Montana. The festival is divided into day and night events and is taking place between the 6th and 9th of April 2017. 2017’s line up includes Adriatique, Apollonia, Ben Klock, Cassy and Craig Richards. Crabs Montana has a ski area of 140km and 27 lifts. Tickets start from $300 for the full event and $60 for an individual night or day.
is one of Europe’s biggest ski and snowboard festivals with apres, DJs, games, snowball fights, human bowling, an outdoor stage, dance music and club takeovers. 2017’s festival takes place between the 18th and 25th of March and headlining acts include Basement Jaxx, Hannah Wants, Wilkinson, Rag ’n’ Bone Man and High Contrast. The Snowboxx festival is taking place in the famous European resort of Avoriaz which is part of the biggest collection of ski valleys in Europe - Portes du Soleil. Portes du Soleil has over 650km of ski area with 196 lifts and 286 trails stretching between France and Switzerland. Wristbands start at $245.
Delicacies at Ski and Snowboard Festivals
1. The Ski Week
- Have a famous American style Burger at the White House Tavern in Aspen Village
- Get your French cheese fix by having a cheese fondu or tartiflette (a French dish from the Alps region made with potatoes, cheese, lardons and onions) at L’Etage Restaurant in Avoriaz
3. Horizon Festival
- Try escudella which is a stew, sometimes served as a soup with pasta, meat and vegetables, at restaurant Borda D’Erts
Chalets at Ski and Snowboard Festivals
1. Caprices Festival
- Crans Montana, Switzerland has lots of accommodation offers and ticket packages - from $311 for the 3 star Hotel de la Foret and festival ticket.
2. Horizon Festival
- Arinsal, Andorra offers a large amount of accommodation and ticket packages - tickets and hotel from $195 for a 4 star self catered apartment called Apartment Ribasol
3. The Ski Week
- Aspen, Colorado has a range of luxury apartments starting from $1,785pp (for 4 people sharing) which includes lift passes and wristbands.
Top airlines to get to Ski and Snowboard Festivals
1. The Ski Week - Aspen, Colorado can be reached either from Aspen’s regional airport served by:
(Atlanta, Minneapolis and Salt Lake City)
(Dallas- Fort Worth, Chicago and Los Angeles)
(Denver, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles and San Francisco) or from Denver International Airport (3/4 hours drive to Aspen)
(USA, Canada and Mexico)
2. Snowbombing - Sun Peaks, Canada can be reached from Kamloops Airport, a regional airport (45mins/1 hour transfer), served by:
Air Canada Express
West Jet Encore
or Kelowna International Airport (2.5hours transfer) which is served by:
(Calgary, Vancouver and Toronto)
(Canada and Mexico)
3. Snowboxx - Avoriaz, France can be reached from Geneva Airport (50 miles transfer)
(many locations all over Europe)
Swiss International Air Lines
(Athens, Barcelona, Dublin, Lisbon, London - Heathrow, Madrid, Marrakech, Moscow, Munich, New York, Nice, Oslo, Prague, Rome, Stockholm, Zurich, Corfu, London - Gatwick, St Petersburg and Zakinthos)
(Washington- Dulles and New York - Newark)