Paris is France’s beautifully romantic city, and is filled with unique historical buildings, art, culture, fashion and gastronomy. Paris is a major European city and people flock to it from all over the world- to wonder in its beauty.
CLIMATE: OCEANIC - COOL SUMMER AND COLD WINTERS
CAPITAL OF FRANCE
POPULATION: 2.2 MILLION (2015)
1. Spend the afternoon having a wine and cheese picnic on the bank of the River Seine or in front of the Eiffel Tower.
2. Take an evening boat trip down the River Seine and discover Paris’ magic from the river. Have a few drinks whilst cruising along and enjoy Paris’ historic landmarks.
3. Discover the world famous Notre Dame Cathedral and take a photograph in front of this iconic building.
4. Climb to the top of the Arc de Triomphe and take in the view of the city.
5. Walk up the steps or take the lift to the top of the Eiffel Tower in the evening and enjoy the spectacular views of the city at night.
6. Rent a bike and explore the city by riding along the bike lanes- one of the best ways to discover its beauty.
7. Walk down the Champs - Elysees and visit the boutique stores, cafes and unique restaurants.
8. Visit a classic Parisian bakery for a pain au chocolat, some macarons or any other delicious baked goods.
9. Spend a morning discovering history and art at the Musee du Louvre, Musee d’Orsay or the Centre Pompidou.
10. Have a cocktail in Holiday Inn Notre Dame’s 43 rooftop bar, while enjoying the views of the city.
By Anny, Travel Destination Writer (AnnysAdventures.com)