Thailand is a large country filled with culture, temples and some of the most beautiful beaches and islands in the world. Thailand is also home to some of the best foods in the world and many speciality dishes.
Download your Free PDF guide HERE!!!
AUTUMN - AVERAGE TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 17c AND 10c
WINTER - AVERAGE TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 5c AND 0c
SPRING - AVERAGE TEMPERATURE 40c HOT AND DRY
SUMMER - AVERAGE TEMPERATURE BETWEEN 16c AND 25c
CAPITAL: BANGKOK CURRENCY: BAHT
POPULATION: 68 MILLION (2015)
TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
1. Bangkok - Try your hand at negotiating and explore one of the cities many bustling market areas: Chatchukka (weekend) or the floating markets.
2. Bangkok - Visit the Jim Thompson House,: explore the museum and discover how they make Thai silk.
3. Bangkok - Take a walking tour of the old city and discover the Watt’s Arundel, Grand Palace and the Temple of the Emerald Budda.
4. Chiang Mai - Spend the morning discovering one of Chiang Mai’s 300 beautiful temples and discover their ancient architecture.
5. Chiang Mai - Take a 2km hike to the Doi Suthep Summit and Viewpoint and discover the breaktaking views.
6. Phuket - Enjoy the crystal clear water on this bustling island by taking a swim or going kayaking.
7. Ko Phi Phi - Relax on the beach or take a boat tour to the picturesque Bamboo Island, Monkey Island and Ko Phi Phi Ley.
8. Krabi Island - Visit Krabi Island and its collection of over 200 small deserted islands, then rent a boat and spend the day finding secluded island beaches.
9. Krabi Island - Discover Thailand’s most attractive beach Railay Beach.
10. Koh Phangan - Practice your diving and discover an underwater world at Kohtao Ang Thong National Marine Park.
Delicacies in Thailand
1. Pad Thai - A Thai local delicacy made from noodles, eggs, tofu, fish sauce, dried or fresh shrimp, garlic, red chilli pepper, peanuts and lime. One of the best places in Bangkok for Pad Thai is Thip Samai Restaurant
2. Som Tom (Spicy Green Papaya Salad) - This sweet and sour salad is a Thai treat, and made with garlic, chilli, greens beans, tomatoes and raw papaya. This salad along with other Thai delicacies can be found at Sabaijai Cafe
3. Malang Tod - A Thai delicacy of fried bugs (grasshoppers, crickets, water beetles silk worms and other bugs) served with pepper and soy sauce. These Thai fried bugs can be found on a variety of street carts around the country
Accommodation in Thailand
1. Bangkok - The Siam
, 5 star luxury hotel
2. Chiang Mai - Thai Thai
3. Krabi Town - The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort
, Boutique Resort
Airlines that fly to Thailand
1. Bangkok Airport - British Airways (London), Thai Airways (Auckland, Beijing, Brisbane, Perth, Sydney, Brussels, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, Dubai, London, Moscow, Munich, Oslo, Paris, Rome, Seoul, Singapore, Stockholm, Tokyo and Zurich), EVA Air (Amsterdam, London and Vienna).
2. Phuket Airport - Emirates (Dubai), Thai Airways (Beijing, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Copenhagen and Stockholm), Thomson Airways (Copenhagen, London, Helsinki, Manchester and Stockholm).
3. Chiang Mai Airport - Bangkok Airways (Bangkok, Ko Samui and Phuket), AirAsia (Kuala Lumpur), Air China (Beijing).
By Anny, Travel Destination Writer for TransferTravel.com
See more guides...
Budapest Destination Guide
Rome Destination Guide
Paris Destination Guide